Celebrate the start of our second Chef & Maker Series weekend with a Poole’s Diner-inspired event featuring reimagined Southern comfort food. Our culinary team has put together a menu inspired by Chef Ashley Christensen’s philosophy of bright, fresh flavors and locally grown, seasonal ingredients.
Wine will be provided by Carmel Road and Bacco Selections. We will also be serving up beer from Mother Earth Brewing and spirits from Doc Porter’s Distillery and Topo Organic.
Presented in part by The Country Bookshop.
Menu subject to change based on availability of local ingredients.
- Various Garden Pickles – from sweet to spicy
- Poole’s Pimento Cheese with Baguette Crackers
- Devilled Eggs
- Chicken Liver Mousse with Cassis Jam and Dijon Mustard
- Rabbit Confit Rillettes with Bourbon Shallots and Cornichons
- Baked Oysters Rock-a-Billy
- Watermelon, Avocado, Goat Cheese, Basil and Sweet Onion Vinaigrette
- Arugula, Button Mushrooms, Crispy Sopressata and Sherry-Sherry Vinaigrette
- Tomato, Grilled Cornbread and Young Onions Salad with White Balsamic Thyme Vinaigrette
- Roast Beets, Grilled Peach, Endives, Burrata and Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Lamb Meatloaf with Mushroom Pan Gravy
- Roasted Fresh Catch with Sweet Potato, Lima Bean and Rutabaga Hash
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Hot Honey
- Baked Macaroni Au GratinWilted Greens with Garlic and Chili Flakes
- Wilted Greens with Garlic and Chili FlakesCoal-Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and Mushrooms
- Coal-Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and MushroomsRoasted Carrots with Whipped Tahini on the Side
- Roasted Carrots with Whipped Tahini on the SideSummer Creamed Corn with Poblano Peppers and Tasso Ham
- Summer Creamed Corn with Poblano Peppers and Tasso Ham
- Sweet Potato Hummingbird Cake
- Pecan Pie with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Summer Berry Crisp with Lemon-Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcakes