Celebrate the start of the weekend with a Poole’s Diner-inspired event featuring re-imagined Southern comfort food. Our culinary team has put together a menu inspired by Chef Christensen’s philosophy of bright, fresh flavors and locally grown, seasonal ingredients.
We will be serving beer from Double Barley and Mystery Brewing along with spirits from Doc Porter’s Distillery, Topo Organic and Piedmont Distillers. Wine will be provided by Biltmore and Carmel Road.
Presented in part by The Country Bookshop.
Menu subject to change based on availability of local ingredients.
- Various Garden Pickles – from sweet to spicy
- Poole’s Pimento Cheese with Baguette Crackers
- Devilled Eggs
- Chicken Liver Mousse with Cassis Jam and Dijon Mustard
- Rabbit Confit Rillettes with Bourbon Shallots and Cornichons
- Grilled Breads and Crackers
- Baked Oysters Rock-a-Billy
- Watermelon, Avocado, Goat Cheese, Basil and Sweet Onion Vinaigrette
- Arugula, Button Mushrooms, Crispy Sopressata and Sherry-Sherry Vinaigrette
- Tomato, Grilled Cornbread and Young Onions Salad with White Balsamic Thyme Vinaigrette
- Roast Beets, Grilled Peach, Endives, Burrata and Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Local Shrimp with Marinated Peppers
- Roasted Fresh Catch with Sweet Potato, Mushroom and Rutabaga Hash
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Hot Honey
- Slow Roasted and Grilled Pork Shoulder with Stewed BBQ Butter Beans
- Baked Macaroni Au Gratin
- Wilted Greens with Garlic and Chili Flakes
- Coal-Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and Mushrooms
- Roasted Carrots with Whipped Tahini on the Side
- Summer Creamed Corn with Poblano Peppers and Tasso Ham
- Sweet Potato Hummingbird Cake
- Pecan Pie with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Summer Berry Crisp with Lemon-Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcakes