The Carolina Philharmonic presents the 2nd Annual event!
Founded last summer in remembrance of a jazz artist whose life was cut short by cancer, colleagues of pianist Joshua Wolff (1973-2013) convene in idyllic Pinehurst, NC for the 2nd Annual Pinehurst Jazz Festival. A dozen artists of national/international renown gather to present three diverse concerts of exceptional jazz in the historic luxury of the Cardinal Ballroom of the Carolina Hotel. Full of old-world southern charm, this was one of Joshua’s favorite venues.
Each performance has two sets, with intermission, and is followed by a reception with the artists.
Concert I - Saturday, July 19 @ 7:00pm
Featuring vocalist Jay clayton in the 1st set, and Jon Gordon (alto/soprano sax) and Thomas Marriot in the 2nd set.
Concert II - Sunday, July 20 @ 3:00pm
Featuring vocalists Chantal Thompson in the 1st set, and Gail Pettis in the 2nd set.
Concert III - Sunday, July 20 @ 8:00pm
Featuring all three vocalists: Jay Clayton, Chantal Thompson and Gail Pettis, in the 1st set, followed by an instrumental and vocal jam session finale, where anything is possible.
Each performance has two sets, with intermission, followed by a reception with the artists.
General $27; Preferred $43; Military $22; Student $11
Preferred $120 (includes priority seating and 1 drink coupon for each performance); General $70; Military $60; Student $30
- Carolina Philharmonic Community Arts Center & Box Office (5 Market Square, Pinehurst) 910.687.0287
- Given Book Shop at Olmsted Village, Pinehurst
- Heavenly Pines Fine Jewelry, 5 Dowd Circle, Pinehurst
- Arts League of the Sandhills, Aberdeen
- Arts Council of Moore County, Campbell House, Southern Pines
- Nature’s Own, 195 Bell Avenue, Southern Pines
- At the door on the day of the performance, as available