The bronze plaque displayed in front of the statue of Robert Dedman Sr. on the Pinehurst Walk of Fame says it all. If we were to put it even more succinctly: Mr. Dedman is most responsible for resurrecting Pinehurst and making it is what it is – again – today.
Click to enlarge
Mr. Dedman wrote a set of rules to live by – and, importantly, to work by as well. Clearly, they would work well for golf, too.
They are Robert’s Rules of Order.
- A sense of balance must apply to all areas of your life, not just your livelihood.
- It’s so important in life to have a life plan. Planning is a prelude to balance.
- The more you learn, the more you earn. Even more importantly, the more you learn, the more you live.
- A positive mental attitude is a key ingredient to a balanced, long and happy life.
- Humor is one of the best ways to get and keep a positive mental attitude. When times get tough, humor help…even sick humor.
- It’s nice to be important, but even more important to be nice.
- Setting up “win-win” relationships is the ultimate measure of success in life…and in business.
- Be a giver; not a taker. They don’t put luggage racks on hearses for good reason.
- Integrity, good health, family and friends are worth more than money can buy.
- Don’t forget to have fun. The more fun you have, the more money you make. It works both ways. The more money you make, the more fun you have.