Click to enlarge
Do you want to know more about wine, but don’t have the time to take a class?
Do you relish a good wine and food pairing?
Do you want to learn about the wine industry from one of the best?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we’ve got just the event for you.
Beef up your wine knowledge when Larry Stone, a consultant for Huneeus Vinters, comes to Pinehurst.
Stone, who has been a master sommelier since 1988 and is well known in the wine industry, will share his expertise and passion for the industry during a Quintessa Wine Dinner on Monday, Oct. 20.
What else do you need to know about Stone? Here are five fun facts about the wine aficionado.
- Stone told The Wall Street Journal he’s tasted nearly a million wines throughout the past three decades. Not a bad job, eh?
- When Stone isn’t drinking wine, he enjoys cooking, biking and skiing. Oh yeah, he also likes to hunt for mushrooms, which we have admit is quite an intriguing hobby.
- Since its inception in 1977, Stone is one of just 219 people worldwide who have passed the grueling process to become a member of the Court of Sommeliers. We’re trying to say he’s basically wine royalty.
- Stone may not be a household name, but he has several notable friends. When he opened Rubicon Restaurant in San Francisco, Stone’s partners included Robert deNiro, Robin Williams and Francis Ford Coppola.
- Before becoming a wine expert, Stone was working toward a Ph.D. in comparative literature.
The five-course wine dinner will start at 6:30 p.m. at the Carolina Dining Room. Cost is $125 per person. Seating is limited. Make reservations by calling 910-235-8433.