Boys & Girls Day Camp
Monday-Thursday from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Friday is a rain day)
July 30-August 2
COST PER WEEK – Price includes lunch
$160 (members) | $185 (non-members)
Kevin Criscoe, Head Tennis Pro
Matt Downing, Director of Tennis
Aimee Bonnell, Head Tennis Pro No. 9
Steve Reyes, Tennis Pro
ITEMS TO BRING
Hat; Sunscreen; Water bottle; Swimsuit & beach towel
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Stretch and footwork drills/warm-up
- “Stroke of the Day” demonstration
- Drills and stroke production
- Player’s developmental goals
-Consistency (beginner/advanced beginner)
-Controlled power (intermediate/advanced)
- Group Games (mini-tennis, Olympics, volley game, gladiator)
12:30 to 1 p.m.
- Lunch – Provided by club (please advise if your child has any food allergies)
1 – 2 p.m.
- Competitive point play/Games
2 – 3 p.m.
- Walk to pool complex
- Bring swimsuit and towel
- Stay with group
- Obey lifeguards
3 p.m. – Pick up at Tennis Club
Camp Safety, Rules & Recommendations
-Only hit balls directed to you during drills and match play. No human targets!
-Don’t swing tennis racquet around while in a group.
-When instructors are talking to the group, please pay attention.
-Demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Remember, everyone starts as a beginner.
-Nobody leaves the courts until all balls and trash are picked up.