Pinehurst Resort & Country Club President Tom Pashley joins Matt Adams on Fairways of Life to discuss Christmas at Pinehurst before diving into more details about the Pinehurst No. 4 redesign by Gil Hanse.
Beginning this winter and unfolding in several stages over the next few years, the plan also includes restoring Donald Ross’ original characteristics to Pinehurst No. 1 and No. 3 while enhancing Maniac Hill and Thistle Dhu.
To honor The King today, we set up a spot on the 1st tee of No. 2 for players to make an Arnold Palmer.
Nearly $2.5 million is being invested to spruce up all 168 guest rooms in the main tower of the Carolina Hotel.
6. Room Renovations at The Carolina Hotel – This year, all 168 guest rooms in the Carolina Hotel’s main tower have received enhancements. The upgrades will enhance the guest experience by providing a modern look without losing the hotel’s timeless feel.
5. Pinehurst No. 5’s New Greens – The greens at Pinehurst No. 5 have been converted to champion ultra-dwarf Bermuda grass, a move that will extend peak conditions throughout the year.
4. History Hall has more…History – This year, we’ve taken a few minor steps in what we hope will be an improved experience with the vintage photos in the hallway of Pinehurst’s main clubhouse. With the help of the wonderful Tufts Archives, we’ve restored many of the photos, which had been damaged over time.
Also, we’ve updated the framing and matting, and in what may be our favorite part, added contextual captions with each photo. Most of these captions go into further detail about every photo – you already know the where; here, we add the who, the what and the why.
3. Paul Simson Makes History, Then Makes it Again – Since Woods teed it up to start the 2015 Wyndham, amateur golf legend Paul Simson has won two more North & South championships – each of the last two Senior Men’s North & South Amateurs. His 2016 victory in August gave him eight total North & South wins, making Simson the most decorated golfer in Pinehurst tournament history.
PRETZEL BITES with tallegio cheese sauce and honey mustard
CURED MEATS AND CHEESE PLATE
Chicken Wings with House-made Blue Cheese Dip
Crab Hushpuppy Beignets with Fiery Lemon Aioli
NORTH & SOUTH
BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN SALAD
1. The Deuce Opens– For decades, golfers and guests have gathered on the veranda overlooking the 18th green of famed Pinehurst No. 2. Now, they are able to do so in The Deuce, Pinehurst Resort and Country Club’s new bar and restaurant. And after just a week, the reviews were rolling in: