We have long been known for our breakfast buffet at The Carolina Hotel. It’s been hailed as the best breakfast in golf. And dinners at the 1895 Grille in The Holly Inn or at the Carolina Dining Room continue to earn wonderful praise.
But the Friday Night Dinner Reception for July’s Chef & Maker Weekend might be one of the most spectacular menus Pinehurst has ever put together.
Inspired by Chef Dean Neff of Wilmington’s acclaimed PinPoint Restaurant and prepared by the Pinehurst culinary team led by Executive Chef Thierry Debailleul, the dinner reception will feature a staggering display of active stations serving guests a menu that includes the best in Carolina Coastal cuisine, terrific salads and side dishes and more than half a dozen delectable desserts.
Seriously, take a look at this menu:
- Hot Smoked Rappahannock Oysters and North Carolina Coastal Shrimp
- North Carolina Blue Crab Fritter, Fried Green Tomato, Exotic Mushroom Relish, Tempura Onion and Green Goddess Dressing
- Roasted Duck Breast, Pickled Beech Mushrooms, Lusty Monk Mustard Aioli, Charred Garlic Scapes and Baby Arugula
- Yellow Fin Tuna and Benne Seed Tataki with Fresh Citrus, Smoked Peanut Sauce, Popcorn, Chard Corn and Pea Tendrils
- Grilled and Pine Straw Smoked Local Catch, Radish, Shiso Leaf, Roasted Peanut Romesco and Charred Shishito Peppers with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Smoked Trout Rillettes, Chicken Liver Mouse, Head Cheese, Selection of Local Cheeses, Mustards and Relishes, Crackers and Breads
- Harissa Rubbed Beach Fire Lamb Loin with Watermelon, Goat Cheese and Pea Tendrils
- Mussel Pot with House-Made Bacon, Charred Leeks, Grilled Bread and Black Garlic Aioli
- Sous Vide and Grilled Pork Shoulder with Antebellum Grits, Braised Collards Mustard Sorghum Sauce
- Grilled Brasstown Beef Ribeye with Crispy Beach Fries, Ramp Butter and Smoked Onion Jus
- Cocktail Sauce, Champagne Mignonette, Bottarga Aioli, Lemon and Crackers
- Tangy Flounder Escabeche with Sea Beans and Watermelon Radish
- Octopus and Pickled North Carolina Shrimp MG3 Farm Lettuce wrap with Pickled Red Onions, Kombu, Radish and Green Garlic Ranch Dressing
- Butterbean Hummus with Paradox Farms Feta, Radish, Green Tomato and Benne Seed Focaccia
- Assorted Summer Pickles
- Summer Tomato Salad with Farm Cheese, Green Peas, Pickled Red Onion, Sorghum and Cider Vinaigrette
- Pimento Cheese and Buttered Toast
- Summer Squash Hushpuppies with Creamy Dill Dressing, Plank-Smoked Salmon and Pea Tendrils
- Vegetable Bounty, Slow Cooked Over the Fire and Served with a Variety of Sauces and Relishes
- Sweet Potatoes, Corn, Cauliflowers, Eggplant, Fingerling Potatoes and Artichokes
- Pink Lemonade Cake
- Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas
- Pistachio Ice Cream Pops
- Panna Cotta with Blackberry Compote
- Strawberry Shortcake
- S’mores Clusters
- North Carolina Beach Pie
We look forward to seeing you. Bring your appetite.