Early in Pinehurst’s history, a trolley routinely brought guests from the nearby train station to hotels such as The Holly Inn and The Carolina Hotel. Now, based off the design of some of those original trolleys, Pinehurst Resort has brought back the trolley to add a unique transportation option for use around Pinehurst.
Here are a few fun facts about the new trolley, which began service this month:
- The Pinehurst Trolley can seat 30 people comfortably.
- It is a Villager Trolley model from Hometown Trolley out of Crandon, Wisconsin.
- The new trolley combines the nostalgic trolley car service which welcomed visitors in the early 1900’s with the modern version of elegance, convenience and style within the Village of Pinehurst.
- The trolley will be available for guest and member functions, such as weddings, corporate outings and special events. It can be also be used for daily service in and around the Village of Pinehurst.
- A rear porch balcony provides a wonderful photo opportunity. Other exterior highlights include the traditional bell chime, accent lighting and the iconic Putter Boy logo.
- Interior highlights include a surround sound system and LED lighting, customizable to different events, traditional hardwood flooring and waterfall slat seating, complimented by bead board ceiling and traditional rooftop cupola.
- Pricing and information can be available by contacting Pinehurst Resort Transportation at 910.235.8465.
More From Pinehurst
Our most popular year-round golf package includes an extra round of golf.
- Resort accommodations for two nights
- Three rounds of golf
- Overflowing breakfast buffet and dinner daily