This season, we’re transforming The Carolina Hotel’s West Lawn into a 2,100-square-foot skating rink complete with music, lights and festive cheer that is sure to put you in the holiday spirit. Whether temperatures call for sweaters or shorts, guests will enjoy a skating experience unlike any other.
A tantalizing array of merry treats will be available, including s’mores bites, cookies, brownies, as well as hot chocolate, coffee and a full bar. Skates will be provided.
Hours: 4 to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday; 1 to 8 p.m. Saturdays & Sundays
50-minute skating sessions start at the top of each hour
Tickets are $10 per person and purchased rink side
Group skating, private party inquiries and special requests should be directed to Josh Leap at 910-235-8783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Schedule and hours are subject to change due to safety concerns, weather permitting and at the discretion of rink management. ** Sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis and based on rink capacity ***All skaters must sign a waiver prior to entering the rink.
Beginning this winter and unfolding in several stages over the next few years, the plan also includes restoring Donald Ross’ original characteristics to Pinehurst No. 1 and No. 3 while enhancing Maniac Hill and Thistle Dhu.
To honor The King today, we set up a spot on the 1st tee of No. 2 for players to make an Arnold Palmer.
Nearly $2.5 million is being invested to spruce up all 168 guest rooms in the main tower of the Carolina Hotel.
6. Room Renovations at The Carolina Hotel – This year, all 168 guest rooms in the Carolina Hotel’s main tower have received enhancements. The upgrades will enhance the guest experience by providing a modern look without losing the hotel’s timeless feel.
5. Pinehurst No. 5’s New Greens – The greens at Pinehurst No. 5 have been converted to champion ultra-dwarf Bermuda grass, a move that will extend peak conditions throughout the year.
4. History Hall has more…History – This year, we’ve taken a few minor steps in what we hope will be an improved experience with the vintage photos in the hallway of Pinehurst’s main clubhouse. With the help of the wonderful Tufts Archives, we’ve restored many of the photos, which had been damaged over time.
Also, we’ve updated the framing and matting, and in what may be our favorite part, added contextual captions with each photo. Most of these captions go into further detail about every photo – you already know the where; here, we add the who, the what and the why.
3. Paul Simson Makes History, Then Makes it Again – Since Woods teed it up to start the 2015 Wyndham, amateur golf legend Paul Simson has won two more North & South championships – each of the last two Senior Men’s North & South Amateurs. His 2016 victory in August gave him eight total North & South wins, making Simson the most decorated golfer in Pinehurst tournament history.
PRETZEL BITES with tallegio cheese sauce and honey mustard
CURED MEATS AND CHEESE PLATE
Chicken Wings with House-made Blue Cheese Dip
Crab Hushpuppy Beignets with Fiery Lemon Aioli
NORTH & SOUTH
BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN SALAD
1. The Deuce Opens– For decades, golfers and guests have gathered on the veranda overlooking the 18th green of famed Pinehurst No. 2. Now, they are able to do so in The Deuce, Pinehurst Resort and Country Club’s new bar and restaurant. And after just a week, the reviews were rolling in:
Introduce your children to Pinehurst with this plush teddy bear decked out in a sweater featuring the Putter Boy logo. Choose from four different colors.
For the Art Lover
An archival fine art print of “Pinehurst at First Light” is the perfect addition to any home. This breathtaking image was highlighted by the Golf Channel and is considered to be one of our most beautiful views.
For the Christmas Fanatic
If you know someone who visited Pinehurst in 2016, this keepsake ornament is a must. Featuring the iconic Carolina Hotel and Golf Lad, it’s the perfect nostalgia piece to help them relive their time in the Sandhills.
For the Ultimate Entertainer
Entertaining is a lot more fun with this stylish Director Whiskey Set. Hand cut and polished, this 24% full lead crystal set includes a 26-ounce decanter and four 10-ounce rocks glasses.
For the On-the-Go Golfer
Hit the road or the course with the versatile Viking Tumbler. It keeps hot liquid warm for more than four hours and cold liquids chilled for up to eight hours.
For the Craft Beer Enthusiast
Every beer lover knows the glass is almost as important as the beer itself. This Belgium beer glass is designed with an inward tapering top to capture aromas and enhance the tasting experience.