St Andrews, the Home of Golf, has honored the Ryder Cup Wager, and today is flying Pinehurst No. 2’s pin flag on the 18th hole of The Old Course.
What a sight to see.
Here is a beautiful photo of the flag flying proudly after Team USA won the Ryder Cup:
The maintenance crew was ready first thing this beautiful Scottish morning to roll out to the 18th hole.
In 1951, Pinehurst No. 2 was the site of the Ryder Cup, very much a different event then than it is today. The Americans, led by Sam Snead and Ben Hogan, had little trouble dispatching the British team 9 ½-2 ½.
Obviously, things have changed.
While it has been 65 years since Pinehurst hosted the Ryder Cup, we still feel a lasting attachment to one of golf’s greatest events. It’s a proud moment in the storied history of Pinehurst.
Now, though, came a chance at another Ryder Cup moment for Pinehurst – and for The Old Course at St Andrews.
It was the RYDER CUP WAGER.